Monday, November 14, 2011

Cool Invention

I was looking online for something to blog about, and I came across something that I thought was pretty neat. Jack Robertson, a Stanford University graduate and fromer BPA (Bonneville Power Administration) CFO, has come up with a pretty incredible idea. He calls it the "Hydrogen Hub." According to http://www.beavertonvalleytimes.com/sustainable/story.php?story_id=123912628689392400, it "would be a power plant that uses water and air to produce a form of ammonia, then burns the ammonia to yield hydrogen energy." Robertson believes that his invention would curb the need for our current major types of energy (coal and gas). He proposes the idea because he thinks that the current hydro power methods are inefficient. In the spring, there is actually a surplus of energy because of the melting snow and increase in winds. The article says that some people were actually getting paid to take power in the spring. Then in the summer, prices soar because there is such an increase in demand; everyone needs air conditioning. Robertson is quoted as saying, "It's feast or famine, because of the way the system is designed." One of the biggest issues he faces with his Hydrogen Hub is efficiency. He plans to do some experimenting to see how efficient he can make it. One thing that disappointed me a little bit about this article was the date; it was from 2009. Granted, that isn't very long ago, but this is the first time I've heard about it. I hope this doesn't mean that he was unable to make it efficient enough!

2 comments:

  1. Do this hack to drop 2 lbs of fat in 8 hours

    More than 160000 men and women are hacking their diet with a easy and secret "water hack" to lose 2lbs every night while they sleep.

    It is proven and works with everybody.

    Here are the easy steps for this hack:

    1) Grab a glass and fill it half full

    2) And now follow this awesome hack

    so you'll be 2lbs thinner when you wake up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm  here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance  all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from Le_Meridian Funding Service She introduced me to this honest loan company who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@outlook.com lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com, they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance  please come to this company and be saved.WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete