Follow by Email

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Good ol' Hicksville



Honestly, when I first saw this I just laughed. The name of this delightful little getaway is Hicksville Trailer Palace.  According to the Palace website, it was created as a sort of hideaway for artists to express themselves without being bothered by the outside world. It boasts several different themed trailers, a tipi, underwater speakers, a hot tub, salt-water swimming pool... and other random things that one might desire access to on vacation. So why, you might be wondering, am I blogging about it? One amenity in particular caught my eye: the salt-water swimming pool; the website says that it is solar-powered. Apparently, the "hotel" as they call it, is largely solar-powered. I read on Wikipedia that it is 95% powered by solar energy; I couldn't find that information anywhere else though, so I'm not sure how true that is. But regardless, it's still pretty cool that an entire hotel-like place is run by solar.

Hicksville Trailer Palace website:
 http://www.hicksville.com/about.html

Website where I got that picture:
http://www.latimes.com/travel/la-tr-trailer-20110116-photos,0,7611395.photogallery

1 comment:

  1. You might qualify for a new solar energy program.
    Click here and find out if you qualify now!

    ReplyDelete